
SO there is a Universal Law that says something about "giving and receiving" and that they are one in the same. It states that the Universe is like a boomerang and what you send out will come back to you. Well I had an experience last Saturday that proved this to me within a matter of hours.
The story is that my friend Elaine's brother and his wife were in need of some window coverings. I happen to have 5 temporary blinds that I could not take back and were happy to give them to him. In addition, I had some really cool new flip flops that I had ordered on line,they were too small, so I also gave them to Mike's wife. I was so happy after I dropped them off, just glad that someone could really use something that I didn't need anymore.
As planned we went to see the Arch Rival Roller Girls (which is another story onto itself) and they were having a raffle. The money for the raffle would go the The Make a Wish Foundation and we bought six tickets. At half time Peter stepped outside and what do you know...I won one of the two raffle prizes! I had to walk out on the rink to the guy with the microphone to collect the prize, if you know me you can only imagine the shades of red I turned. Peter missed the whole thing and caught up with me as I was returning back to our spot. We got a gift bag full of fun stuff which included $50 worth of gift cards, a water bottle and 2 free tickets to the next derby. It was not until I went to put my bag in the car did I remember we had just "given" some things away. Pretty Cool Huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment