Sunday, June 20, 2010

Much to do about nothing...

Nothing exciting anyway...So summer has begun and for my work that means Memorial Day until Labor Day we are on summer schedule. Instead of working our normal Monday thru Friday 8:30 - 5:00 we are now working Monday thru Thursday 8:00-5:30 and then Friday 8:00-12:00. We still get in our forty hours just longer days and then half day on Friday. We have been running this schedule for several years and at first it was quite an adjustment. Now I am used to it and realize that it is REALLY nice to have the half day on Friday. The weekend gets started early and it is a great time to run those week day errands. I am also excited because Elaine has half days on Fridays and Peter has every other Friday off.

So far this year there has been busy things to do but hopefully soon we can start doing some of the fun St. Louis things are our list. I haven't been to Grant's Farm in years and then there is always the Science Center or Missouri Botanical Gardens. All neat and fun things to do in St. Louis and Fridays afternoons seem the perfect opportunity.

I am raising a glass(morning coffee actually)to a good and fun summer...if we don't all die from heat stroke!

No comments:

Post a Comment